Wedding Officiant Services Contract
This is a contract for Wedding Officiant services to be provided by Kate Baker.
Cash, checks, money orders or cashier’s checks are accepted. Please make checks, money order or cashier’s checks payable to: Kate Baker
Cancellation of Services
Cancellation by Officiant: In the unlikely event that the officiant is unable to perform the ceremony due to illness, hospitalization, family emergency, transportation breakdown, or any other unforeseeable causes, I will make every possible attempt to notify the couple. The couple will receive a full refund for all pre-paid services, and couple agrees that the officiant will NOT be held liable for any damages (including punitive) due to the non-performance of the ceremony.
Cancellation by the Couple: If the couple cancels services for any reason, the booking fee of $50 will not be returned. All other fees will be dropped or refunded if pre-paid. (See also Wedding Change of Date)
Wedding Change of Date
If you need to change your wedding date or time, and the officiant is available on the new date, the couple will be charged a $25 change fee. If the officiant is unable to officiate the ceremony on the new date, the $50 booking fee as well as the fee for any consultations that have taken place will not be refunded. The remaining balance will be dropped.
If out-of-state travel is required, all flight, rental car (if necessary) and hotel accommodations will be paid for by the couple. Flight/car/hotel costs will be agreed on by the officiant and the couple prior to any reservations being made. Weddings within the state of Indiana will not include travel fees unless it exceeds 40 miles from Atlanta, Indiana (46031) at which the standard mileage rate will be applied for distances over 40 miles per trip. ($0.56/mile)
For a legal marriage to take place, the couple must obtain a valid marriage license in the state where the ceremony will take place. The marriage license needs to be presented to the officiant BEFORE the ceremony. Failure to have a valid license means that the officiant cannot perform a legal marriage ceremony. Please be sure to have the appropriate witnesses in place for the signing of this document immediately following the ceremony. It is the responsibility of the couple to file the license with the appropriate clerk’s office within 7 days of the wedding date.
Limitation of Liability
Clients agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, Officiant shall not be liable for any claims for emotional distress, mental anguish, consequential damages, lost profit, loss of enjoyment, lost revenues, replacement costs, compensatory damages and/or punitive damages, whether or not foreseeable and/or arising from any negligent act or omission on the part of any person. Officiant's liability for any claim, breach or damage by reason of any act or omission shall be limited to repayment of sums paid by Clients only.
Responsibilities of the Officiant
· The officiant agrees to provide the following services for the full ceremony under the terms of this agreement.
- Initial consultation and any follow up consultations by phone and/or email with the couple to discuss ceremony details.
- Arrival at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled ceremony time in order to complete the paperwork and obtain signatures on the marriage license.
- Performance of wedding ceremony in a professional and respectful manner, on the date, time and location of ceremony listed within this agreement and in accordance with the ceremony planned by the couple.
· The officiant retains the right to edit the ceremony in case of redundancy and/or inappropriate wording. The officiant reserves the right to refuse any service that she is not comfortable performing, at which time a partial refund may be made to the couple.
Responsibilities of the Couple
- · The couple agrees to be available to the officiant for whatever purpose deemed necessary for the completion of the written ceremony.
- · The couple agrees that if a rehearsal is not requested when booking, a rehearsal is not guaranteed if requested at a later date. (The officiant will make every effort to work with couple to find a time to hold a rehearsal.)
- · The couple shall purchase items needed to perform the ceremony (unity candles, sand, roses, etc.) unless previously stated.
- · The couple will obtain a valid marriage license and present it to the officiant prior to the wedding ceremony.
- · Filing of the completed marriage license with the appropriate clerk’s office within 7 days of the wedding date.
- · The couple will supply detailed directions to rehearsal and ceremony locations at least 2 (two) weeks prior to set date. Information may be provided via email, or sent in written form via the postal services.
- · The couple will pay the officiant's admission or parking fees associated with wedding venue.
- · The couple agrees to acknowledge the services being provided by the officiant in a dignified and respectful manner, and if there is any discrepancy or concern regarding services received, the couple must contact the officiant in order for the parties involved to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.
- · The couple agrees to not post negative reviews of the officiant on the Internet or elsewhere or to make negative verbal or written statements about officiant until all efforts to resolve said discrepancy have been exhausted.
This contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes all prior agreements whether oral or written concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement.